Things That Remind Me of Autumn




There are so many typical Autumnal things that remind me of Autumn. Such as leaves turning shades of orange, yellow and brown; Starbucks bringing back out all their pumpkin spiced drinks; watching Hocus Pocus over and over again - things like that. However, there are also a few more random things that always bring me back to Autumn times and since it’s Autumn time now, I thought I’d write about some of these Autumn reminders on my blog. 



  • Little Shop of Horrors - The first time I ever saw a version of this musical was a school production that I watched around October time. After watching it and falling in love with the soundtrack, I purchased it on iTunes and pretty much listened to the songs non-stop all throughout autumn. Ever since then,every time I listen to the Little Shop of Horrors soundtrack, I’m taken straight back to Autumn time and images of golden orange leaves passing by while in the car (because I listened to the soundtrack while out on drives).  Whenever I’m wanting to get into the autumnal spirit, I’ll listen to those songs and I’ll be excited for Autumn time and all that it brings. 

  • The song ‘Headlights’ by Eminem - This is another musical-related thing on this list that brings back memories of Autumn time. There was one Autumn where I was obsessed with this song and if ever I had to go out anywhere in the car, this would always be the song I’d put on first. The music video itself also reminds me a lot of Autumn (although I know it’s set around Christmas time). But in the video there’s moments where it shows outside and there’s golden sunlight which just reminds me of what sunny Autumn days look like here, so it makes me think of Autumn time. 


  • This tree in my garden

The picture doesn’t even do it justice. This tree’s leaves are red/orange all year round, so it pretty much looks like a tree in autumn all the time and every time I look at the tree, I’m reminded of Autumn days/evenings spent outside playing daft games with my brother set around Halloween time. 

  • Going to B&Q - If you’re not from the UK or just haven’t heard of B&Q, it’s basically a DIY and home improvement store that sells tons of different tools and equipment and things you would need if you were improving/redecorating you’re home. I love B&Q! I have lots of memories of going to B&Q on dark, rainy days in autumn (I guess that was always the season for re-decorating our home😄). Whenever it’s raining outside and it’s all dark and dull, it always makes me want to go to B&Q and it also reminds me of Autumn time. 

  • Going shopping with mum night time - Whenever myself and my mum go to the supermarket at night time, it always reminds me of going to ASDA at Halloween time and going straight to the Halloween section to pick out decorations. Now going to the supermarket at night time makes me think back to Halloween and Autumn time.

  • This vanilla scented room diffuser 
The very first time I ever used this diffuser in my room was around Autumn/Halloween time and so now whenever I get it to put in my room, it always reminds me of Autumn time. 


  • Cold, sunny days - Those types of days always remind me of Autumn. Those types of days always bring back memories of when myself and my brother were younger and we’d go play outside in our street, running through crunchy leaves.


What are some random things that you associate with Autumn time? 

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts