Top 5: Shows to Watch This October

I couldn't go through the whole month of October and not mention something related to this time of year - especially as we're now in my favourite months! I really thought that this year would FINALLY be the year I'd go to a pumpkin patch (how many years have I been saying that for now😄) but alas, all of the local pumpkin patches near me are fully booked. I guess everyones trying to make up for last year! Since I've not really got much other Autumnal plans this year, along with an overall lack of free time, my main downtime activities involve either reading or getting cosy to watch the TV. With that in mind,  I thought I'd share my top 5 shows to watch this October.

 

 

Gilmore Girls 
"A comedy-drama focused around the relationships between a single mother and her teen daughter and all of the life moments that come with this. "
I feel like this show has become a staple watch for this time of year. Everything about it is so cosy and inviting, plus Stars Hollow is the perfect Autumnal town. This is a show that I put on in the background on dark rainy days. I just find it so comforting, especially at this time of year. I also love the cast and the sarcastic nature of Lorelai along with her mother-daughter relationship to Rory. I'm only on season 2 (although I've seen/heard pretty much all the main spoilers😄).


Stranger Things
"In 1980s Indiana, a group of young friends witness supernatural forces and secret government exploits. As they search for answers, they begin to unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries."
I feel that this show has also become a staple-watch for this time of year - especially with the first season being set around Halloween time. It definitely gives off the ultimate Autumnal feel that I'm looking for at this time of year. I've spoken about my love for this show in multiple blog posts so if you still haven't given it a watch yet then I continue to recommend😄. Usually I'm not the biggest fan of sci-fi's but theres just something about the storylines and the characters that i was drawn to right at the very beginning. I'm looking forward to season 4 (although it's not coming until next year?!?!) and after watching the teasers, I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next.


Heartland
"A wholesome family drama set on a ranch in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, near the fictional town of Hudson, Alberta. The series follows the Fleming-Bartlett clan through love and loss, friendship and betrayal, marriage and children. 
This is a show that I don't usually hear people talking about that much but it's one that I really enjoy. Despite enjoying it when I watch it, I only ever seem to really binge watch it at this tome of year. I'm only on season two  and there's currently 15 seasons but I feel like I might not actually make it that far because I often feel the longer a show goes on for, the more it loses a little something that made it so great but all of the reviews for each season are fairly positive so we'll see. This show isn't really specifically set at Autumn time or anything but it just gives me cosy vibes due to where it's set/filmed plus the sort of family-centric dynamic of it all.


The Haunting of Hill House
"Flashing between past and present, a fractured family confronts haunting memories of their old home and the terrifying events that drove them from it." 
If you're looking for a spookier watch this October, then I would recommend the miniseries 'The Haunting of Hill House' (as well as 'The Haunting of Bly Manor' which is equally as great). When I first watched this show, there were definitely moments that made me jump a little. It's so well done - especially episode 6. The filmmaking aspect of this series is something special. The acting performances are also brilliant; I think this whole show has been perfectly casted. I love that it goes between past and present and you get to see how different things all tie together as the show goes on. Overall it's just very well done and I'm 100% planning on rewatching it this year.


American Horror Story 
"An anthology series centring on different characters and locations, including a house with a murderous past, an insane asylum, a witch coven, a freak show circus, a haunted hotel, a possessed farmhouse, a cult, the apocalypse, a slasher summer camp, and a bleak beach town and desert valley."
I've only seen seasons 1-9 (as the others haven't appeared on Netflix in the UK - although with the new series 'American Horror Stories' on Disney Plus, I'm hoping AHS will make the move to that streaming service too so I can watch the rest😄). Although I do feel as though AHS lost something after the fourth season, I still enjoy the series as a whole. I've always loved how each season is a whole different plot line with a whole bunch of new characters. I think my absolute favourite season will always be the first since it was the one that introduced me to the show. It's definitely worth the watch if you enjoy supernatural aspects with some scares thrown in.

What are your TV recommendations for watching in October?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts